Crisis of Multilateralism? Impacts on the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda
T 20 (Think 20), Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
While the multilateral system celebrated two of its greatest successes in 2015, the Paris Climate Agreement and the 2030 Agenda, it experienced a severe setback in 2016. Under the label of „our country first“, many populist movements and governments started rejecting their responsibilities towards the international community. Brexit signals an existential threat to the project of “thick cooperation” in Europe.
Are these dynamics indicating a fundamental crisis of the multilateral system? How can global cooperation for sustainable development and the implementation of the 2030 Agenda be strengthened in these turbulent times? These are key questions of the German G20 Presidency and leading themes of Think20.
The event will be held in the context of the PAGE Ministerial Conference.
- Dirk Messner, Director of the German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
- Andrew Norton, Director of the International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)
- Ashok Khosla, Chair of the Development Alternatives Group and former President of IUCN
- Andrea Römmele, Professor for Communication in Politics and Civil Society, Hertie School of Governance
- Clara Brandi, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
28.03.2017 / 15:45 - 17:15
Scandic Berlin Potsdamer Platz Hotel
Please register for this event via Email at firstname.lastname@example.org