Transformations to achieve the sustainable development goals; Report prepared by The World in 2050 Initiative
Kriegler, Elmar / Dirk Messner / Nebojsa Nakicenovic / Keywan Riahi / Johan Rockström / Jeffrey Sachs / Sander van der Leeuw / Detlef van Vuuren (eds.)
External Publications (2018)
Laxenburg: International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)
The report provides policy recommendations on how to achieve integrated pathways that implement these transformations. Eight key messages of the report:
Transformation towards a sustainable future is possible but ambitious action is needed now!
- Six transformations that are necessary to achieve the SDGs!
- Attaining the SDGs in a resilient and lasting way, requires vigorous action now, and a people and planet focus beyond 2030!
- As everything is integrated in the connected world, the grand transformation requires a holistic perspective!
- Transformational change is needed but to succeed we must take along winners and losers!
- The world is at crossroads as we are currently experiencing signs of a counter-transformation!
- A central element of the sustainability transformation is effective and inclusive governance!
- Think globally, act locally! Think long-term, act now! It is all a matter of scale!