Reform of the international financial architecture
The current financial and debt crisis has highlighted the need for changes in the international financial architecture to contain the risks of global economic and financial integration. A reform of the international financial architecture is needed to strengthen the resilience of the global financial system, reduce its vulnerability, and create the conditions for an efficient allocation of global savings and investment, and sustainable and equitable development.
Against this background, the German Developmente Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungsolitk (DIE) is dealing with changes to the international financial architecture that will help to prevent and manage financial, currency and debt crises in developing and emerging countries. Our focus is on the elements of the international financial architecture, such as the prospective roles and policies of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and multilateral development banks, new financial regulatory frameworks, or the development of a global debt governance regime. We analyse how these countries can help shape the reform of the international financial system, what role development policy may assume in strengthening the international financial architecture, and how these changes affect the economies of developing countries and their policy space.
- International Sovereign Insolvency Procedure
- International Trade and Financial Market Regulation: Trade Finance as Challenge for Global Economic Governance
- New international debt framework for emerging markets
- New international financial architecture: New instruments to prevent and cope with financial and debt crises
- Reform of the Global Debt Governance System
- The role of the international financial institutions in the aftermath of the global financial crisis
TTIP Website Special
Die Transatlantische Handels- und Investitionspartnerschaft
Ist das globale Handelssystem am Wendepunkt?
Financing the green transformation: how to make green finance work in Indonesia
Volz, Ulrich / Judith Böhnke / Laura Knierim / Katharina Richert / Greta-Maria Röber / Vanessa Eidt (2015)
Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan