- Completed Master’s degree, preferably in economic or social sciences; first state examination (teaching profession); second state examination (Jura, at least fully satisfactory); good to very good grades
- German (C2); English (C1 – C2) and at least one further UN-language or Portuguese (B2)
- Application is possible with a transcript of records. The grade of the Master's thesis can be submitted later than 31 August
- Please note that you have to have a good command of the second UN-language (at least B2). If this is not the case, we can not consider your application. We do not need any language certificate, your self-assessment is enough. Your language skills are reviewed by native speakers in case of a commitment.
- German or EU citizenship (also Switzerland and Norway)
- Development-related topics covered during your study programme
- Work or study experience in countries of the global south or transition countries
- Younger than 30 years at the beginning of the course (1st of September)
- Intention to work in international cooperation for sustainable development; willingness to go abroad
You can NOT apply if you have already participated in another German junior development programme, for example the GIZ-Trainee-Programme or the Mercator Fellowship on International Affairs. Participants of the Carlo-Schmid-Programme can still apply for the Postgraduate Programme.
Here you find the application form.