The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Global Climate Action: What possible synergies?
German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), Association Climate Chance
The high-level dialogue addresses interconnections between sustainable development and climate action, particularly between the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Global Climate Action ‘Agenda.
The dialogue consists of high-level input, a panel of practitioners, and break-out sessions for the general audience, specifically addressin questions such as:
- what should be the role of the High-level Climate Action Champions;
- how can climate finance be leveraged for the implementation sustainable development goals;
- how to deal with trade-offs between climate action and sustainable development;
- what can we learn from local actors on policy integration?
- Brice Lalonde, former Environment Minister of France; former Assistant Secretary General, Executive Coordinator of the 2012 UN Conference on Sustainable Development, Rio+20, which was the start of the process which gave us the SDGs; founder and President of the Business & Climate Summit Association
Charlotte Blondel, founder and coordinator of Youth-on-the-Move
Nelly-Diane Alemfack, executive director of the organization Young Volunteers for the Environment in Cameroon
Nouhad Awwad, Global South Focal Point at YOUNGO, Arab youth climate movement
Fadwa El Atrache, (head of communication of the ‘Agence marocaine de l’éfficacité’ energétique
Wael Hmaidan, Director CAN International
Vaia Tuuhia, Director of Association 4D
Jisun Hwang, senior climate advocacy officer at ICLEI-Local Governments for Sustainable Development
Sander Chan, Researcher, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)