Latin American Non-State Actors: Raising the Ambition
Affiliated event Global Climate Action Summit
San Francisco, 13.09.2018
Climate Action Network (CAN and CAN-LA), Fundación Avina, German Development Institute/Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE)
The event main objective was to share and amplify the results of researching on Latin American and Caribbean (LAC) Non-State Actors (NSA) networks, as well as discussing on their contributions to the Paris Agreement, based on the Talanoa Dialogue guiding questions. More specifically the event gave
- Showcase an array of climate actions being taken by different NSA networks in LAC, emphasizing their contributions to NDC's enhancement and its potential for raising ambition
- Discuss elements that could facilitate and reduce obstacles for boosting LAC NSA climate actions
Through this affiliate event, we aimed:
- showcase the results of a research effort to identify LAC NSA networks and its main climate actions
- discuss elements that could facilitate and reduce obstacles for LAC NSA´s climate actions
- demonstrate the potential of LAC NSA actions for enhance and increase NDCs
- highlight that participation of all sectors of society is essential for climate decarbonization and needed transformation
- foster joint-up action to push forward the ambition of national climate agendas.
For it a map LAC NSA's networks and coalitions in climate action were presented, including information such as sectors, main climate focus and its visions. Likewise, draft version of a guide for Talanoa LAC NSA´s submissions containing information gathered by interviews and survey will be discuss, with the aim to fine-tune it and help to to boost and enhance NDC implementation in the region.
13.09.2018 / 08:30 - 11:30