What counts? Addressing Non-Economic Loss and Damage in the Context of the UNFCCC
Bonn, 26.08.2015 bis 27.08.2015
German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security and Climate Analytics (UNU-EHS)
The expert workshop, hosted by DIE and co-hosted by United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security and Climate Analytics, brought together key policy stakeholders and academic experts to discuss non-economic loss and damage (NELD) in the context of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). It also initiated a 'NELD network' to exchange knowledge and to identify practicable ways to operationalize NELD in accordance with the broader UNFCCC process and supportive of the Warsaw International Mechanism (WIM) to address loss and damage associated with impacts of climate change.
- Simon Caney (tbc), University of Oxford
- Juan Hoffmeister (tbc), Bolivian UNFCCC delegate, Adaptation coordinator of G77 and China
- Saleemul Huq, International Center for Climate Change and Development, Bangladesh
- Diane McFadzien, Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme (SPREP)
- Anthony Oliver-Smith, University of Floriday
- Petra Tschakert, University of Western Australia
- Koko Warner, United Nations University - Institute for Environment and Human Security
26.08.2015 bis 27.08.2015 / 08:30 - 13:00
German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE), Bonn
- Registration is already closed -
For further Information please visit the corresponding website.